Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Project365: Day 264 - Washington DC - Day 5

Day 5 in DC was my last day there. I had to head back to Des Moines for work, and Brittany was staying one more day to finish out the conference. Because she was working, I had my last day of the trip to myself to explore the city, find some virtual geocaches, and see some things that I had missed the first few days.

Old Post Office

The Old Post Office Pavilion.

Castle Fog

Smithsonian Castle in the morning fog.

The Archives

The National Archives. I was in line right before opening time, which meant there was no waiting to go see our nation's founding documents: the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. As with all of the other sensitive preservation exhibits in DC, no photography was allowed in the Archives.

I made my way back to the WWII memorial for some photos and to find a virtual cache nearby.

43rd Bomb Group

After stopping at the WWII Memorial, it was almost time for me to get ready to leave DC so I began to head back to the hotel. On the way, I passed by the South Lawn of the White House for one last photo opportunity in DC.

South Lawn

No comments: