Thursday, March 10, 2011

Project365: Day 68 - Number 12


Day 68 - Number 12, originally uploaded by Tim Bungert.

We had a little time to kill before Ash Wednesday mass, so we drove through the neighborhood by our church. I drive past the North of Grand neighborhood very frequently, but had never taken the time to get off of the main arterial street. I am glad I did today. Every time I explore a new part of Des Moines I find another hidden gem!

This is the old Des Moines Fire Station No. 12. After being empty for a very long time, it was converted into a medical office and spa in the early 1990s. The addition and renovation are beautiful (at least from my vantage point outside the building). I'll be back to wander through this neighborhood again, as I'm sure there are lots of other gems for me to find there.

No comments: